International Medical Tourism
It is important to begin by defining what is meant by ̳medical tourism‘. International Medical Tourism, which is a special type of tourism, uses tourism services and health services together in a single group. In this group, international medical traveler can receive the transportation and accommodation services offered by tourism institutions as well as the treatment and rehabilitative services offered by health institutions.
We define medical tourism as when consumers elect to travel across international borders with the intention of receiving some form of medical treatment. This treatment may span the full range of medical services, but most commonly includes dental care, cosmetic surgery, elective surgery, and fertility treatment. International Health Tourist travels outside the border to get health service a better quality, faster, better and more economical . The International Health Tourist aims to both benefit from treatment opportunities and take a vacation in the country they are traveling to. The concept of international health tourism, which includes both tourism and health services, is defined in different ways in different countries. Many terms are used in the literature to define the concept of health tourism, which does not have a common international definition. Some of these are medical travel, health tourism, medical tourism, overseas care market, medical motivation holiday, thermal tourism, health travel. While some authors define health tourism as a mixture of pre-planned health care, vacation and relaxation, some authors make definitions that deal with its economic dimension.
Health tourism, which is a specific type of tourism, is used for diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitative activities of persons traveling abroad for the purpose of receiving health services and staying at the destination for at least 24 hours and at most 1 year, for the purpose of benefiting from health and tourism opportunities at the same time, and their companions. etc. It includes benefiting from all kinds of health services and all kinds of support services such as traditional and complementary medicine. International health tourism includes the traveler and his/her companion traveling from the place of residence to the place of residence and returning to the place of residence after receiving the requested treatment and other services. The features of international health tourism are as follows:
- The main purpose of people traveling in health tourism is to benefit from both health and tourism opportunities at the same time.
- Health tourism is realized by staying at the destination for at least 24 hours and at most 1 year by traveling.
- Health tourism provides diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation, etc., according to both travel and needs of the person traveling abroad. It includes all kinds of health services and related traditional and complementary medicine.
- Health tourism covers travel to another country for reasons such as the length of waiting times, the affordability of the same quality of treatment, or the availability of better quality and more modern devices.
- It aims to ensure the comfort, safety and comfort of patients and their relatives.
2, rue du Gabian MC Principality of Monaco 98000 MONACO